Employment Type: Full-Time
The Operations Manager provides leadership in both day-to-day and long-term aspects required to oversee all facility operations functions. This includes: production, process improvements, quality, maintenance, and warehouse functions. Also manages the relationships between the plant, sales, vendors and all activities related to operations. Provides strategic leadership and coordination on manufacturing projects in support of the Director of Operations.
Purpose & Scope:
The Operations Manager provides leadership in both day-to-day and long-term aspects required to oversee all facility operations functions. This includes: production, process improvements, quality, maintenance, and warehouse functions. In addition, this position manages the relationships between the plant, sales, vendors and all activities related to operations. This position provides strategic leadership and coordination on manufacturing projects in support of the Director of Operations. Manufacturing project types include continuous improvement, process development, USa, quad analysis, talent development, business system development and quality system improvements.
This position reports directly to the Director of Operations. Direct reports include logistics manager, process engineer, team leaders, maintenance manager, and quality administrator.
Principal Accountabilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain a safe environment driving the culture throughout the organization
- Implement and execute the Operator Development program
- Develop, implement and oversee manufacturing plans and strategies.
- Ensure compliance with Company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, OSHA, safety, AIB/SQF/HACCP and complete and on-time delivery at the lowest possible cost.
- Reviews production and operating reports and directs the resolution of operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Manage the overall quality process, systems and people to ensure we produce high quality product.
- Monitor, report, and initiate action on results of efficiencies, quality, safety, delivery and costs.
- Identify and implement cost savings initiatives.
- Promote and implement 80/20 simplification principles.
- Generate ideas and initiate actions with regard to equipment, training, staffing, raw materials, packaging, systems, and general operations improvements.
- Determine and ensure appropriate staffing, capacity, and raw materials to meet current and forecasted production requirements.
- Oversee fair and consistent administration of policies, work rules, disciplinary actions, promotions, performance reviews, pay increases, skill development, and job performance counseling for reports.
- Manage all personnel issues within the facility; including such functions as staffing, compensation, behavioral issues, termination, transfer and promotions. Manage, coach, and develop talent.
- Strive to maintain a non-union work environment.
- Evaluate new product concepts for manufacturing capabilities.
- Identifies, communicates and drives implementation of capital investments and improvement projects.
- Balance work capacity across the plant.
- Create strong relationships and work closely with all ZP operations in sharing knowledge, resources, technology, cost savings ideas, and product / process improvements.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year college or university required.
- 5+ years of related experience in manufacturing with a minimum of 3+ years of progressive management experience.
- Strong project management experience and facility management experience
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading and managing a team of technical or engineering staff.
- Demonstrated ability to produce results within a team environment and to gain alignment and develop productive working relationships
- Must have hands-on process manufacturing experience (ideally in plastics, flexible packaging
- Able to define a problem, gather data to draw conclusions and develop appropriate plans to address
- Strong change management, analytical, problem solving, organizational, and communication skills
- Exceptional track record of developing and implementing lean operational strategies
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Loading some great jobs for you...