Google Cloud Services Engineer - Remote
Employment Type: Full-Time
Google Cloud Platform Security Compliance Engineer - RemoteGlobal Professional Services Firm Alpharetta, GA or open to remoteLong Term Contract
Must have scripting skillsThe opportunity
Exciting opportunity to be in on the ground floor of the adoption and integration of a new Cloud Services Provider. As part of a larger project team, establish cloud security policies and standards and support model for the monitoring of compliance against same. Support the coordination of other Information Security Compliance functions and related responsibilities associated with compliance monitoring and remediation.Your key responsibilities
The main function of the role is to provide hands-on support to the initiative as it relates to Security Compliance and the implementation of Compliance requirements. Your broad knowledge of the various security capabilities and products available in the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) will be highly leveraged across a large and diverse team. You will facilitate the sharing of knowledge of GCP within the Compliance team; this includes alignment of processes in other cloud environments.Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong understanding of cloud computing concepts and practices
- Expertise in cloud security and data protection
- Excellent verbal and in written skills to transfer knowledge to the internal Compliance team
Ideally, you'll also have
- 5+ years expertise in the design, development and implementation of cloud security controls
- Experience with the Google Cloud Platform information security and compliance tools; for example: Security Monitoring & Operations, Governance, Risk & Compliance, Infrastructure / Network / Endpoint / Data Security
What we look for
- Designed security for public cloud infrastructure to extend compliance controls and protection and posture to cloud
- Skillset allows you to engineer and prototype security tooling for secure cloud practices
- DevSecOps knowledge as it applies to the cloud
We are looking for someone who has the ability to see the big picture and the ability to dive deep quickly when needed. We are building a team of critical thinkers who are willing to challenge norms in order to drive improvement.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...