Dean of the College of Health Sciences and Professions
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
Loading some great jobs for you...
Position Title:Dean of the College of Health Sciences and Professions Position Number:10043602 Benefits Eligible:Yes Campus Location:Dahlonega General Summary:
The University of North Georgia (UNG), a leadership institution committed to a diverse and equitable environment, is conducting a national search for an accomplished, creative leader to serve as the next Dean of the College of Health Sciences and Professions. The Dean will partner with College and University leadership to formulate and implement strategies that promote academic excellence and scholarly activity, respond to community priorities, and prepare students to be successful civic and professional leaders.
Reporting to the Provost and Senior Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Dean of the College of Health Sciences and Professions serves as a member of the Provost’s Council. The Dean oversees eight programs at the undergraduate and graduate level provided by four separate, yet highly interconnected, departments serving 500 students located on five campuses. Currently, the departments of Counseling, Interdisciplinary Health Care, Nursing and Physical Therapy are home to 69 faculty and staff dedicated to the success of our students. Also under development is the College’s first inter-professional curriculum - a core curriculum that will synergistically engage CHSP students in all disciplines and programs and educate them as inter-professional teams. Congruent with current healthcare team practice philosophy, this novel approach to core education helps better prepare healthcare students at all levels to work in the global healthcare environment. The College’s programs include: the BS in Healthcare Services and Informatics Administration, the Bachelor of Science in Nursing, the RN to BSN, the MSN with a concentration in nursing education or in family nursing practice, the Doctor of Nursing Practice, the Doctor of Physical Therapy, the Post-Professional DPT, and the MS in Counseling. In addition, the College offers Community Clinics in counseling and in physical therapy.
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to three professional doctoral programs, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the University's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets at UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Motivate, direct & guide others by modeling a commitment to excellence through service to build a collaborative and mutually supportive work environment;
- Create and sustain an environment supportive of research and scholarship;
- Provide oversight of the College’s instructional program including leadership in curriculum development;
- Engage and collaborate across the University and with the external community to advance the mission of the University and College;
- Anticipate future institutional needs & execute appropriate planning;
- Select, supervise, evaluate & develop faculty;
- Recommend to the Provost & Senior VPAA faculty appointments, promotion, and tenure within the College;
- Develop and lead a comprehensive resource development plan, in partnership with University Advancement, which builds and fosters a culture of philanthropy throughout the College.
- Articulate a clear, compelling vision to both internal and external stakeholders;
- Cultivate and ensure an on-gong strong relationship with the College’s Council of Advisors through involvement in discussion of college planning, policy and vision.
- Manage the college budget;
- Supervise the College’s support staff and personnel.
Certifications/Licenses & Minimum Requirements:
- Earned doctorate from an accredited institution in a field appropriate to disciplines within the College or related field; clinical degree, certification, and recent clinical service experience in one of the program areas preferred
- Professional, scholarly, and educational accomplishments commensurate with an appointment as a tenured full professor within the College;
- History of successful accreditation experience
- Evidence of the ability to make strategic, evidence-based decisions in a culture of open communication.
- Successful administrative experience with fiscal and managerial responsibilities, at the level of department chair (or equivalent) or above.
- Experience with innovative models of curricular delivery such as online programming, study abroad, clinical collaborations and partnerships, service learning and residency programming.
- Demonstrated commitment to student retention and graduation
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with increasing research productivity of the faculty and reputation of the academic programs within the College.
Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts Special Instructions to Applicants:If you received any graduate degrees from an institution outside the United States, you must provide a foreign course-by-course credential evaluation by an independent evaluation service that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, Inc. (NACES). Find a full list of NACES members at http://www.naces.org/members.htm.
Please submit contact information for three professional references.
In addition to a background check, this position will also require a DMV check. Employer Information:All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation, as determined by the University of North Georgia in its sole discretion. The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
We provide equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, protected veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
Loading some great jobs for you...