Conference Room Engineer
Compensation: $30,500.00 - $48,390.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Food Services
Loading some great jobs for you...
Title : Conference Room Engineer
Location : Secaucus, NJ (or) Alpharetta, GA.
Duration : 12 Months
Rate : Market/Open (Lowest Possible). FTE is also fine
Proactively and entrepreneurially:
- Provide technical expertise with conference room and AV products to create and maintain technical and design standards as products and technologies evolve
- Apply technical knowledge of AV and collaboration capabilities to:
- Evaluate and test proposed devices, to determine if they fit stated use cases or fill gaps on the capability roadmaps
- Design solutions, particularly 'first of a kind solutions, to meet use cases; base designs on key vendors' principles (Microsoft, Cisco, Poly, etc.), EY's engineering standards and the candidate's experienced insights
- Incorporate both local and enterprise requirements into the designs produced
Devices and services may include Surface Hubs, interactive white boards, large screen touch displays, wireless presentation devices, Skype end points, Crestron room controllers, video conferencing and telepresence, and their accompanying management and monitoring tools.
- Remediate design issues and provide L4 user support
- Engage with Information Security to identify, understand and remediate security concerns, and ensure compliance with all applicable policies
- Contribute to conference room designs in collaboration with related teams in EUTX, real estate and EY offices
- Clearly and succinctly articulate technical concepts in verbal discussions and presentations for leadership
- Assist in managing vendor relationships, and ensure provision and management of appropriately skilled resources from vendors as required
- Support system installations and configurations during office-move or office-commissioning projects. Activities may include: Skype configuration, Exchange/AD integration, video conference endpoint installation and configuration, Skype endpoint installation and configuration, and testing and documenting all
- Submit and follow through on Change Requests and Service Requests as needed to provide in-scope services; provide infrastructure support and maintenance as related to Incidents, Problems, Change Requests and Service Requests raised by others; participate in the Problem Management process
- Manage design changes through their governance, and support their implementation
- Contribute to product roadmaps by identifying gaps in technical features and capabilities, and where on the roadmaps we should plan to address them
- Participate with Experience & Architecture in developing IOE engineering standards
- Other related responsibilities as assigned
- EUTX Product Managers and Deputy Product Managers
- Solution delivery staff (Project Managers)
- L3/Operations leaders and staff
- Experience & Architecture Team
- External vendors and suppliers
- Key business stakeholders i.e. Facilities Management, Real Estate
- Proposed new devices are tested per expectations set with each device
- Conference room meeting, collaboration and AV solutions are designed, developed, tested and determined fit-for-purpose
- Deliverables are provided as committed and/or scheduled, either BAU or as part of projects
- Deliverables meet applicable architectural and engineering standards
- Work is completed using applicable infrastructure design methodologies
- Designs optimize components to minimize resources and maximize infrastructure utilization
- Designs adhere to architectural standards and principles, global product-specific guidelines and local regulatory requirements
The role requires:
- Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change
- Ability to work collaboratively with a multitude of different roles and cultures within and out of IT
- Ability to efficiently manage escalations and difficult situations presented by customers or stakeholders under pressure
- Flexibility to restore service during off-hours
- Flexibility to adjust work schedule according to project requirements
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Demonstrated experience with various aspects of infrastructure design, engineering and integration, particularly around Active Directory, Windows servers, networking, DHCP, DNS, firewalls, DMZ's and load balancing
- Demonstrated experience integrating collaboration tools with AD and Exchange
- Demonstrated experience remediating security challenges facing collaboration and conference room technologies
- Understanding of emerging technologies and trends in the conference room technology space such as AI, VR, digital assistants, biometrics, facial recognition, etc.
- Understanding of telecommunications infrastructure, including video conferencing and collaboration technologies from the major vendors; exposure to common product lines such as Cisco Unified Communications, Polycom and Microsoft Skype for business a plus
- Familiarity with ITIL principles a must; experience working in an ITIL environment strongly preferred
- Proven ability to work virtually with team members of varying cultures, and across time zones; well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Managerial level organizational intelligence and decision-making
- Excellent communication skills, including clear and succinct writing; see Language Requirements
- Demonstrated experience delivering small projects and specific deliverables on time, and within scope and budget
- Demonstrated experience dealing with external vendors and suppliers in the AV and telecommunications industries
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent work experience with applicable industry certification.
- Proficient in English, specifically:
- Listening: can understand extended speech and follow complex lines of argument provided the topic is reasonably familiar.
- Speaking: can interact with sufficient fluency and spontaneity to enable regular interaction with native speakers; can actively participate in discussions, sustain viewpoints and present content; can summarize main points of meetings or presentations; can present clear, detailed descriptions on a wide range of work related subjects; can negotiate standard work-related matters effectively.
- Writing: can write reports that clearly express reasons for or against a point of view; can write emails and documents highlighting the significance and implications of the information provided
- Applicable Microsoft Skype, Cisco and/or Polycom certifications a plus
- CTS-I, CTS-D a plus
- ITIL Foundation v2 or v3 a plus
Associated topics: back end, day shift manager, floor manager, front end, general operations manager, night manager, operations, partner, produce manager, supervisor
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...