Employment Type: Full-Time
A current opening through Robert Half Finance, seeks an ambitious, determined Controller to join the team at a prominent services company. The leadership position is responsible for an accounting and clerical department. The Controller plans and directs all accounting operational functions, manages the accumulation and consolidation of financial data for internal and external financial statements, analyzes accounting and internal control systems, and guides departmental staff. Working with this company, you will receive competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package, as well as strong career growth. We are searching for an individual who can motivate others with a positive professional attitude; displays integrity, reliability and leadership; and can offer outstanding client services by managing self and other with urgency, practicality and accountability. Additionally, you will handle key decisions and challenge, negotiate and influence the team. As part of the leadership team, you will be expected to lead the production of innovative ideas that are sound and progressive, to challenge the status quo, and to encourage creativity throughout your area of responsibility. Based in the Savannah, Georgia area, this opening for a Controller is a full-time position.
- Manage daily cash and prepare cash-flow reports, projecting cash needs at weekly and monthly intervals
- Manage the timing for monthly billing and other cash management techniques to make sure cash collection is on time
- Complete month-end and year-end close of income statement and balance sheet, reconcile accounts, and handle G/L analysis
- Give executive committee and partners monthly financial reports
- Advance Finance Department initiatives, such as software and systems implementation and other departmental or firm-wide improvements, as needed, with research, planning and implementation
- Capable of handling responsibilities beyond formal job duties
- Manage the creation of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor them on a monthly basis
- Work closely with executive team and partners to ensure efficient and successful firm-wide operation
- Assess, execute and improve policies, procedures, controls and most methodologies
- Assess deliverables of self and team to verify they meet client expectations
- Direct finance department activities, such as accounts payable, billings & collections, and payroll
For confidential consideration, please apply directly or send your resume via email to Kelly.Puetz@roberthalf.com.Job Requirements:
- Progressive accounting experience, including as a Controller preferred
- Advanced credentials such as a Masters of Business Administration / MBA or Certified Public Accountant / CPA are preferred
- Experience working in a dynamic and changing company environment a plus
- Management experience preferred
- General ledger experience desired
- Month end closings experience preferred
- Deep understanding of Transportation Logistics
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to exercise good judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- Prior experience in a public accounting environment is highly valued
- Be detailed, flexible, and organized
- Takes action on items beyond formal job responsibilities
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, Economics or other business related field
- Vow to meet business deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to build and deliver effective presentations to audiences with wide-ranging backgrounds
- Excellent written/verbal communication and organizational skills
- Past work in technology, analytics and management experience highly valued
Robert Half Finance & Accounting matches skilled finance and accounting professionals in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more on a full-time basis. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the legal opportunities that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local office at 888.490.5461 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/finance to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Finance & Accounting. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Loading some great jobs for you...