JOB TITLE: APP Urology - Specialty
OP-PCR JOB CODE: P09155
DEPARTMENT: CRMG 18248
CREATED: June 2020
ENTITY: Piedmont Columbus Medical Group
Performs a variety of patient care activities in accordance with established standards and practice. Emphasizes health promotion as well as acute and chronic disease management. Works in conjunction with physicians to provide medical serves to patients; collects and documents data, conducts diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, orders and schedules laboratory studies and professional consultations and provides direct patient care services, including physical exams, diagnoses and treatment of patients, etc.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED: Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with current Georgia license for Advanced Practice Nursing and a Masters degree in Nursing, OR graduate of an accredited Physician Assistants program with current license for the Georgia State Composite Board.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: None
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Licensed Physician Assistant in the State of Georgia. OR Licensed for Advanced Practice Nursing (ACNP).
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: None.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Ability to understand and comply with current laws, rules, and regulations which govern the practice APPs in the State of Georgia.
- Ability to assess the physical needs of the patients visiting the Emergency Department.
- Ability to work as a member of a team.
- Skill and ability in electronic medical records applications.
- Ability to interpret appropriate diagnostic and laboratory tests, explaining the necessity, preparation, nature and anticipated effects of procedure(s) to patients, patient family, staff and healthcare learners.
- Ability to initiate appropriate evaluation and treatment utilizing established protocols, including administration of life supporting drugs and use of defibrillation according to Advanced Cardiac Life Support Standards when the supervising physician is not present.
The above information is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Piedmont Healthcare we embrace diverse ideas, perspectives, and skills to create a collaborative workplace where the best talent wants to succeed. We celebrate differences and recognize that they allow us to care for our community.
Excellence at Work
Piedmont is a certified Great Place to Work™-- a national designation based on employee feedback about trust, workplace culture and experience. In 2019, Forbes named Piedmont one of Georgia’s 10 best employers and the highest-ranked healthcare provider.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...