Automation Engineer - Acworth, GA
Compensation: $93,950.00 - $126,640.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Job ID: 199039
Oldcastle Enclosure Solutions (OES), a CRH company, has united the Carson , Christy , and Synertech brands to form the largest manufacturer of plastic, polymer, and concrete utility enclosure products serving the municipal water, irrigation, electric, communications, and transportation markets. OES has 11 manufacturing and distribution centers strategically located across the U.S. and Canada.
Oldcastle Infrastructure - Built For Life from Oldcastle Infrastructure on Vimeo.
- Performs expert level mechanical, electrical, controls, and systems troubleshooting, repair, and preventive maintenance on equipment in accordance with manufacturer's manuals, diagrams, sketches etc.
- Coordinates activities related to the implementation or revision of maintenance processes.
- Provides engineering assistance as needed throughout the plant.
- Works with plant personnel working on various projects and performing maintenance activities (including Predictive and Preventative Maintenance) and equipment repair.
- Uses independent judgment in performing responsibilities.
- Works under general supervision with standard practices and guidelines.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Works with other plant personnel to plan, design, write specifications, and implement new projects.
- Performs expert level break-fix maintenance. This includes but is not limited to: observing devices in operation to locate root cause of problem; dismantling devices to gain access to and remove defective parts; adjustment of functional parts of devices and control instruments; repair and/or replacement of defective parts; testing of device to observe performance; performing tests for electrical circuitry and mechanical systems.
- PLC troubleshooting (Allen Bradley; Siemens) and control design.
- Assists plant management in planning and preparing capital expenditure proposals and budgets
- Assists in the purchase of plant equipment. Communicates and negotiates with vendors as needed.
- Provides mechanical, structural and/or electrical/controls assistance as needed in all areas of the plant
- Assists in permitting applications when needed
- Performs and/or supervises the performance of computer-aided design to prepare designs and drawings of equipment systems and processes associated with plant projects (where applicable)
- Promotes plant safety and ensures compliance with all applicable safety standards and regulations
- Provides technical assistance to maintenance crew as needed.
- Performs evaluations of alternatives to improve cost and / or reliability of equipment.
- Independently performs maintenance as per industry standards.
- May be required to setup and operate multiple machining operations to make and repair parts.
- May fill in Management positions as needed when other personnel are away from the plant.
- Programming Logic Controllers (PLC) (Allen-Bradley; Siemens)
- Configuring and designing HMI (Allen Bradley; Siemens)
- Demonstrates excellent judgment and decision-making skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Proficient in English written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of government regulations as they apply to maintenance projects and repair activities.
- Working knowledge of conveyors, motors, fans, hydraulic systems and electrical distribution systems.
- Understands and can use Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Access, CAD, etc.
- Work may require walking over rough and/or slippery surfaces, recurring bending and crouching, working in high places, and lifting moderately heavy items up to 50 pounds.
- Work may require a working schedule on weekends, holidays, off-shift and even stay after shift depending on the circumstances.
- 2 or more years of experience in related plant engineering positions in a heavy industry preferred
Licenses and Certifications
- Professional Engineer (PE) (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Controls, or Electrical Engineering
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Enclosure Solutions (OES), a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link. Job Requirements:
Associated topics: civil, civil engineer, construction, heat transfer, leak, mechanical, mechanical engineer, pipe, plumbing, thermodynamic
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...