At K12, our mission is to help students reach their full potential through inspired teaching and personalized learning. We believe every student deserves a personalized education, with careful attention to each learner's unique strengths, needs, and interests.With a personalized education, students gain the skills, knowledge, and confidence they need to help them succeed.
Our employees are a critical part of an innovative EdTech company that provides high quality, personalized education opportunities for students across the world. K12 is seeking an experienced Project Specialist who is driven to make a difference and isa key contributor to our team, helping the company reach its goals. You must be an energetic team player who listens and values the opinions of others and a self-starter who effectively prioritizes and works well independently and collaboratively in crossfunctional teams. Excellent written and oral communication and inter-personal skills are essential. You will be expected to quickly learn and understand processes, keep information highly organized, work efficiently, and demonstrate strong attention to detail.
Manages a small project or phase(s) of a larger project. Responsible for coordinating activities to ensure that project goals are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
AS A PROJECT SPECIALIST, YOU WILL
* Assists in the development and refinement of project plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources; also refines existing plans.
* Executes the tasks as defined in the project plan in order to achieve the project goals.
* Manages changes to the project scope, schedule, and costs using appropriate verification techniques in order to keep the project plan accurate, updated, and reflective of authorized project changes.
* Records detailed stakeholder requirements, constraints, and assumptions in order to establish the project deliverables, using requirement-gathering techniques (e.g., planning sessions, brainstorming, focus groups) and the project charter.
* Measures project performance using appropriate tools and techniques in order to monitor the progress of the project, identify and quantify any variances, perform any required corrective actions, and communicate to all stakeholders.
* Implements approved actions and workarounds to mitigate project risk events in order to minimize the impact of the risks on the project.
* Motivates the team using appropriate tools and techniques in order to increase commitment to the program objectives.
* Assists with the evolution of project processes and workflow in support of the dynamic needs of K12's business.
IS K12RIGHT FOR YOU?
* Do you communicate well?
* Can you build customer confidence?
* Are you able to tackle problems and take independent action?
* Is your manner honest and straightforward?
* Are you able to prioritize and meet deadlines?
* Do you value others' opinions?
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Bachelor's degree AND
* Two (2) years of related experience OR
* Equivalent combination of education and experience
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Experience in coordinating conference calls among multiple individuals inside and outside the company
* Meeting planning experience
* Strong, proven writing skills
* Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work and coordinate with numerous people inside and outside the company
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint; Web proficiency
* Ability to travel domestically up to 15% of the time
* Ability to pass required background check
* Experience or extensive knowledge of education
* Experience with Microsoft Project and Unanet
* Experience or interest in public policy, education policy, government affairs, and/or political advocacy is preferred.
* Experience in managing or maintaining departmental budgets not required but would be a plus
* Project management certifications
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilitiesto perform the essential functions.
* This is a home-based position
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is \"at-will\" as governedby the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the \"at-will\" nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
WHO ARE WE?
* About Us
* K12 Produces Results
* Kudos and Honors
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age,disability or genetics.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Apply On-lineSend This Job to a Friend
* Back to K12 Home
Copyright ? K12 Inc. All rights reserved. K12 is a registered trademark of K12 Inc. The K12 logo and other marks referenced herein are trademarks of K12 Inc., and other marks are owned by third parties.
Associated topics: assistant principal, assistant superintendent, chief, dean, deputy, direct, executive director, executive manager, principal, student