Student Assistant - Outdoor Adventure
Employment Type: Part-Time
Position Title:Student Assistant - Outdoor Adventure Job Category:Student Department:Recreation/Program Activity - 6510925 Division:Student Affairs Required Documents:Cover Letter, Resume, Student Detailed Class Schedule Position Statement:Founded in 2005, Georgia Gwinnett College (GGC) is one of 28 institutions within the University System of Georgia. GGC is a premier 21st century liberal arts institution accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. Serving nearly 13,000 students, GGC’s innovative practices, caring culture, and extremely affordable tuition are changing the game in higher education and changing the future for students at all levels, of all ages, and from all walks of life. Gwinnett County (pop. 920,000+) is home to a variety of businesses, including organizations involved in health care, education and information technology. Description:
Student Staff with Outdoor Adventures will:
1. Understand and demonstrate leadership skills in an ever changing environment.
2. Understand and demonstrate teamwork skills in an ever changing environment.
3. Understand and demonstrate good communication skills both supervisors and coworkers.
4. Utilize good time management and planning skills.
- Assist in trip and program planning.
- Assist in marketing and promotion of Outdoor Adventure events.
- Assist with equipment care and maintenance.
- Assist participants in Outdoor Adventures program registration.
- Attend workshops and trainings as required.
- Facilitate activities on and off campus.
- Facilitate briefs and de-briefs.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- High school graduate or GED required
- Must be enrolled a minimum of 6 credits at Georgia Gwinnett College in good academic standing and maintain good academic standing for the duration of employment.
- Student job applicants and student employees must be in good standing with the campus Office of Student Conduct.
- Good time management, written, and verbal skills
- Must have current or be willing to complete Wilderness First Aid Training
- Must have current or be willing to complete CPR Certification
- Must have current or be willing to complete Blood borne Pathogen TrainingMust have or be willing to complete GGC WRC Student Assistant Training
- Applicant possesses experience or working knowledge of outdoor recreation activities including but not limited to; Rock Climbing, Rapelling, Canoeing, Kayaking, Skiing, SCUBA, Backpacking, Mountain Biking, Hiking etc.
- Have the ability to motivate people to work together to reach a common goal; to lead by example and with authority and respect
- Be able to work together and compromise to reach a solution; being able to count on others to be responsible
- Be able to convey your intentions and ideas effectively; being able to respectfully listen to others' ideas or problems
- Utilization of good time management and planning skills will be determined in conjunction with performance evaluations (self, peer and supervisor)
Due to the volume of applications, applicants may not receive a reply from the College unless an applicant is selected for an interview. Review of applications will continue until positions are filled. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States and proof of eligibility will be contemporaneously required upon acceptance of an employment offer. Any resulting employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation and credit check if applicable to the position, as determined by Georgia Gwinnett College in its sole discretion. Georgia Gwinnett College, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or religion. Georgia is an open records state.
Position may require local travel. Depending upon specific duties, position may require a College-issued uniform or shirt to ensure employees engaged in representing the College to the community are clearly identified as such. Ability to lift and carry files and materials. Ability to move from one office to another office on campus. Adequate vision, hearing and manual dexterity to interact with people in person, on the phone and in writing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
Work Hours:Position may require non-standard work hours (nights and weekends). Position Status:Part-Time FLSA:Non-exempt
Loading some great jobs for you...