The Business Development Manager will create and manage the strategy to improve Doosan Heavy Equipment s coverage in North America. The primary focus will be to identify prospects within the dealer network capable of expanding, and aligning external candidates to fill the coverage gaps in NA. This will include analyzing the financial aptitudes of these prospects to understand impact and needs. This position will also create partnerships and business relationships with other firms that can help expand Doosan Heavy Equipment s coverage in North America. This may include orchestration of M&A type activities.
Other responsibilities include dealer onboarding (including parts, service and sales support to establish a new dealer location), managing a training tool and new dealer start up process that incorporates all the applicable functional areas and personnel (field, corporate office and dealer), and managing the new dealer and dealer expansion approval process.
Role & Responsibility
Dealer Coverage Strategy
- Create and manage the strategy to improve Doosan Heavy Equipment s coverage in North America.
- Create and manage the sequence of multi-year action steps to meet the direction of the LRP.
- Increase the coverage by recruiting sizable dealers that are larger, and more financially capable than incumbent dealers to build a stronger dealer network and increase the mindshare of dealers towards Doosan Heavy Equipment
- Work with current high performing dealers to define and identify expansion plans to increase dealer coverage.
- Act as liaison to resolve conflict of directions of dealerships
- Work with external companies to identify and expand revenue opportunities.
- Identify coverage gaps including areas which do not have a Doosan Heavy Equipment dealer or are covered by underperforming dealers.
- Define the strategy by prioritizing locations based on opportunity.
- Define and execute a dealer recruitment marketing strategy which includes identifying external prospects and partners.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Research merger & acquisition prospects.
- Analyze prospect information to determine feasibility of M&A
- Work cross functionally regarding M&A projects
Expansion Prospect Research
- Identify firms that fit pre-determined criteria of targeted partner types, within or outside of our industry. This could potentially include external partners or investors
- Call and/or meet with prospect companies to evaluate a potential fit.
- Summarize call notes and research information.
- Gather information from the target company and industry experts.
- Network with peers working with other Venture Capital Firms
- Research and talk to existing references and customers
- Conduct background checks on prospects and how they are perceived in their marketplace.
- Provide recommendations based on thorough research and evaluation
Dealer Onboarding Management
- Manage the Dealer Recruitment manager and work closely with District Managers to ensure timely new dealer training plan.
- Manage the Dealer Training Manager to ensure the onboarding plan is implemented and executed in an effective and timely manner.
- Implement regular pre- and post-training surveys to ensure training meets dealer s needs, to include initial contact, 90 days and 6-month follow-up.
- Create consistency across all training venues to ensure proper training is provided and value is achieved by collaborating with other Company functional leaders.
- Ensure the dealer is placing their initial new equipment, attachment and parts orders as well as support company policies and recruitment commitments.
- Demonstrate ability to execute strategic plans.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple projects in a highly organized and disciplined manner.
- Ability to produce well designed professional looking PowerPoint presentations
- Strong leadership, communication, organization, team building and management, communication (verbal, written and presentation), and interpersonal skills.
- Extensive travel required.
- Confident and positive, high-energy, cultured, capable of easily interacting with senior management
- Flexible and willing to get involved in various aspects of the business as required
- Experience with cold calling.
- Understanding Company financial statement
- Education: Bachelor s Degree Required
- Experience: 7>10 years, prior training experience, familiarity with dealer operations, and M&A process required
- Travel: 50+%
Doosan is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, creed, citizenship status, national origin, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities who require a reasonable accommodation in the application process or who need assistance accessing the information on this website should call 678-###-####. The Company s Georgia hiring location is Suwanee.