Monitor, maintain, and enhance financial systems processes in Windows and Cloud-based server environments. Work closely with various business teams to understand and translate business needs into solutions. The Financial System team supports our critical 3rd party financial applications. The applications include, but are not limited to Lawson, BPC, Concur, ImageNOW, Document Express, Anaplan, and AP checking processing.
Major Responsibilities/Activities -
- Maintain financial data used in financial reporting and various downstream systems. Accurately integrate new information into existing structures.
- Write, execute and troubleshoot database queries and software automation scripts.
- Develop/code interfaces, reports and software customizations utilizing established tools or other tools as determined.
- Responsible for systems security and audit requests for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance.
- Provide swift financial system support during month-end close.
- Act as key participant in system implementations and upgrades; Develop and lead UAT activities with end users to support release of new versions or functionality.
- Provide proactive financial system training to Finance.
- Investigate and identify root causes of errors and provide resolutions.
- Re-engineer processes using lean methodology to ensure that client needs are met.
- Proactively review existing procedures, processes, bugs and problems and recommend automation or improvement.
Job Requirements -
- Bachelor's degree; concentration in computer information systems, business, or equivalent experience.
- Previous financial systems experience: 5 - 7 years in Lawson, SAP, or similar ERP software.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
- Financial systems applications configuration knowledge.
- Experience supporting business functions from an IT perspective.
- Experience implementing integrations between disparate systems.
- Ability to recognize technological opportunities and apply them to the business.
- Ability to work both within the team and independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A motivated self-starter who will actively seek solutions and answers to questions.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities -
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products: Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Visio.
- SQL, SSIS, SQL Server