You will be a key member of the Applied Strategic Accounts team in the Southeast focused on driving growth in these key sectors. The ideal candidate will use organization, communication, and analytical skills to build and expand our business in the sectors by helping to develop existing accounts and helping to gain new business to meet/exceed established goals.
- Assist with RFQs (request for quotes) directly from customers; quoting, sourcing of products and pricing.
- Plan, implement, and manage strategic account agreements and programs using high level selling and negotiating skills
- Research, evaluate, generate, and establish strategic account agreements. Collect data from service centers and regional personnel to analyze potential. Work with customers regarding feasibility, opportunities, and benefits
- Partner with the Strategic Business Council insuring the strongest possible return on investment on both new and contracted activity
- Identify margin improvement opportunities within contracted accounts and positively impact both acquisition and rebated margins, as a result
- Generate, document, and manage value-added ROI for your customers
- Create and give presentations to current and potential strategic accounts; create and prepare reports as requested by customer or management
- Act as a liaison between service centers and customers; assist service centers, regional and area management in selling value of agreements to local customer facilities; keep customer advised of developments; handle complaints, work with corporate, service center and customer personnel to correct problems and meet the needs of targeted customers; guide service centers regarding returns and pricing
- Maintain a relationship with existing strategic accounts insuring that the terms of the agreement are both supported and adhered to
- 5+ years selling industrial components as well as value added services and solutions, with proven metrics / results
- Excel proficiency including macros, charts, and pivot tables
- Use of proper English grammar, written and verbal
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Engineering or equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- National account experience
- Presentation skills to C Suite personnel
- Negotiating skills
- Tenacity, confidence
- Ability to learn and apply new information quickly
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities
- Solid organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple competing priorities
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading industrial distributor that offers more than 6.5 million parts to serve the needs of MRO and OEM customers in virtually every industry. In addition, Applied provides engineering, design and systems integration for industrial and fluid power applications, as well as customized mechanical, fabricated rubber and fluid power shop services. Applied also offers storeroom services and inventory management solutions that provide added value to our customers.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please send an email to ...@applied.com or call 216-###-#### to let us know the nature of your request.