- Advanced Disposal is a company that brings fresh ideas and solutions to the business of a clean environment. It is our people who make the difference and leave the world a cleaner, more beautiful place. We are proud to provide cost-effective and environmentally-sound solutions for waste and recycling collection, transportation, processing and disposal. But we do much more than collect garbage. We truly are an environmental services company, and we are looking for our next environmental hero who has the talent and dedication to fulfill our mission: Every day, Driven to Deliver Service First, Safety Always.
General Purpose of Job: Collect and dump refuse or recyclable materials and transport to disposal area.
A Swing Driver is responsible for safely operating a front, side or rear-loading truck, roll-off truck and/or a container delivery truck and providing prompt, courteous and complete waste removal services for customers who reside on a designated route in the absence of the regularly-scheduled driver. In addition, the Swing Driver is responsible for ensuring his or her vehicle is in compliance with the Company's safety standards prior to operating the vehicle, ensures that all Company, state and federal regulations are adhered to at all times while operating the vehicle, and completes vehicle condition reports (\"VCRs\") on a daily basis to ensure that any vehicle defects are repaired in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong memorization skills to quickly memorize and recall multiple routes in a short period of time.
- Good customer services skills to meet and exceed customer expectations; acts in a professional, courteous and cooperative manner toward customers and co-workers; works with a sense of honesty and trustworthiness.
- Good time management skills to ensure assigned responsibilities are completed in an efficient and safe manner.
- Good follow through ability; adheres to work schedule and follows through on challenges as they arise.
- Ability to adhere to Company policies and rules set forth; promotes the Company's safety standards; does not take inappropriate risks.
- Maintains a feeling of pride in work; strives to achieve all goals.
- Perform complete pre- and post-operation inspection of the vehicle in accordance with Company policy to ensure tire pressure, fluid levels, safety equipment, gauges, and controls are in proper working order. Report any safety issues on standard reports.
- Safely operate heavy truck along designated route and to the disposal site; read route sheet, follow map and service each customer as identified on the route sheet or as assigned by the dispatcher and/or supervisor.
- Operate manual and/or automatic controls in accordance with Company safety policies and procedures to lift and load refuse, operate compactor and dispose of collected material at the designated facility.
- Courteously interact with all customers, dispatchers and others on a daily basis to ensure all customer routes are serviced in a timely and professional manner.
- Identify unsatisfactory waste containers and tag containers in accordance with applicable departmental procedures.
- Continuously monitor waste for evidence of unacceptable waste.
- Clean area around an accidental waste spill, ensuring adherence to all applicable safety standards and policies.
- Continuously monitor the condition of the vehicle to ensure it is operationally ready at all times to minimize down time; clean waste from the packer blade and truck body on each disposal trip.
- Complete required route/productivity sheets, VCRs and other reports, as required.
- Maintain adherence to required productivity standards for the department to ensure all customers are serviced in a timely and efficient manner.
- Follow all required safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned. The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Equipment/Tools Used: Trucks, seat belts, vehicle inspection equipment
Protective Clothing and Equipment Used: Reflective Vest, gloves, steel toed boots
Special Skills, Education or License Required:
* Driver must pass DOT Physical and Drug Screen
* Driver must meet Motor Vehicle Records standards set by company
* Driver must possess a minimum Class B CDL
* Driver must have 3 years driving experience
* Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures
* May be exposed to solvents, chemicals and refuse
* May be exposed to other risks associated with working around machines, tools, and trucks
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* Ability to operate trucks and other equipment as needed
* Ability to frequently lift or carry containers, recycling bins, or loose materials to truck; which may result in twisting, pulling, pushing and bending, depending on the material and collection vehicle type
* Ability to climb, bend or stand for an extended period of time. In addition, individuals must be able to reach above shoulders and lift a minimum of 50 pounds
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status
Associated topics: fleet, fleet management, handler, management, manager, manager trainee, operations manager, supervisor, technician, union